Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fatal Dirge clan chat.. because you know you want to ;)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Barrows - for pures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Infra Blue
Regular
Regular
Infra Blue

Barrows - for pures Empty
PostSubject: Barrows - for pures   Barrows - for pures I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:49 pm

If I am missing anything, please feel free to tell me, and remember you can comment/ask questions etc.

Stats needed(*)/recommended(^) (I'm not saying you can't do it if you don't have these skills, but it would be harder)
Health - 80+
Attack - 60+
Strength - 70+
Prayer* - 43+
Magic - 70 (82 recommended)
Ranged - 80+
Slayer^ - 55 (if not on ancients - not recommended)
Construction - 50 (Alter/ teleport to Canifis)

Quests needed
- Priests in Peril
- Nature Spirit
* DESERT TREASURE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ANCIENTS*

Inventory, I recommend: 2 prayer potions, a ranging potion, super attack potion/ super strength (not needed at high attack/strength) house teleport tabs, deaths, waters, chaos, bloods, (or slayer dart runes depending) a dragon dagger/melee weapon (i use claws), crossbow, AND A SPADE! - the rest should be food (monkfish or higher)

Equipment: Good mage attack bonus armour (i use ghostly robes), ancients staff/water staff, or slayer staff (please don't), Unholy book, regeneration bracelet (or addy gloves/black dragonhide vambraces), glory/fury amulet, climbing boots, broad/adamant bolts, ava's accumulator, and a ring of life (wealth does not increase loot).

MAKE SURE YOUR PRAYER IS FULL BEFORE CONTINUING

Path to barrows: (approximately 2 minutes - run the whole way, and then ride the boat, because ghasts can ruin your food if they get you)
Barrows - for pures Path_t12
(http://runevillage.com/WMap/Morytania.gif)

Locations of the brothers:
Barrows - for pures Barrowsgravesite
(http://www.global-rs.com/img/barrowsgravesite.jpg)

YOU CAN SAFE SPOT THE MELEE BROTHERS AROUND THE TOMB - BUT YOU CANNOT ATTACK THEM FROM THE OPPOSITE SIDE!
What I do is get them stuck behind the tomb, get as far away as i can, step out and cast ice blitz quickly on them so they get stuck quite far away from you. With Ice blitz you can cast it another 5 times without interruption, but make sure you get the delayed run to the next safe spot/side of the tomb and repeat.

Now, the method i use to kill the brothers is as follows:
1 - Kill kharil first, pot up if you brang them and use your dds/melee weapon (with attack and strength prayer if needed), and finish with range or mage (pray ranged against him)
2 - Ahrim - use range, drink a dose of ranging potion, and if your prayer is at 0 prayer potion, it's nice to have it at the start, but is not needed.
3 - Dharok - I would ancient him, keep melee prayer on if close, but if you wish to farcast him make sure to get the timing and the runs right before you take prayer off, he can hit very high.
4 - Guthan - With the remaining prayer pray melee for the start of the fight (before he hits) and farcast guthan around the tomb - as described above.
5 - Torag - Much of the same, no need to pray, but do not panic if he hits a 20, just ancient him as I described above.
6 - Verac - VERAC HITS THROUGH PRAYER! - so no need to pray at all, although he does hit less when praying, but since we are ancienting, just continue farcasting him like the previous 2.

Now, in that series, you should come accross a tunnel, do not enter untill you have killed the rest of the brothers, then return and enter it.

When you enter, you should come down a rope in one of the corner squares. Your goal is to get to the middle square. The lay out is a 3 by 3 grid system, with shortcuts around the sides. Like so:
Barrows - for pures Barrow
(http://www.zybez.net/img/dungimg/barrow.png)

Now it should be noted that only 1 door leads to the middle. And in that time the 6th brother might spawn. If he does, quickly pray whatever is needed (melee ranged or magic) and start maging them, or ranging (ahrim), or meleeing (kharil). There are safe spots in some of the passageways, but don't count on them. If the brother does not appear at any of the doors, then he will appear at the chest, do not search it until all brothers are killed.

NOTE: your prayer drains in the crypt and tombs, so be careful against dharok, keep your prayer above 19

When reaching your door (the one that has the option to open) to the middle, and you try to open it, you will be presented with 1 of 4 puzzles - randomised. -Learn them, its much faster.

Puzzles: click this link.

Once you have entered the treasure chamber, kill the last brother if needed, and collect your loot by searching the chest. Click your house teletab, or teleport to canifis with ancients, get your prayer by praying at your house, or at the temple, and bank in canifis.

Do not be discouraged if your first couple of loots are bad, usually they are, it's worth it in the long run.

Thanks and hope this helps
~Infra Blue~

Last edited by Infra Blue on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
nickflipp
Veteran
Veteran
nickflipp

PostSubject: Re: Barrows - for pures   Barrows - for pures I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Nice man Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fatal Dirge
Founder
Founder
Fatal Dirge

PostSubject: Re: Barrows - for pures   Barrows - for pures I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Great guide, hopefully there will be more Wink
Back to top Go down
https://wickedwrath.darkbb.com
Infra Blue
Regular
Regular
Infra Blue

PostSubject: Re: Barrows - for pures   Barrows - for pures I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:13 pm

i wonder what else i can do as a guide...
Back to top Go down
nickflipp
Veteran
Veteran
nickflipp

PostSubject: Re: Barrows - for pures   Barrows - for pures I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:43 am

Make a guide, on the best weapons to DESTROY chickens with! Just joking lmao. You could make a combat guide of some sort? Like for pures and what not? Btw would this guide be good for me to use too though?
Back to top Go down
Infra Blue
Regular
Regular
Infra Blue

PostSubject: Re: Barrows - for pures   Barrows - for pures I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:45 am

yeah sure, not the most efficient way for you though, you can add in guthans etc, different gear and stuff (better gear) but the basics are good enough Smile
Back to top Go down
nickflipp
Veteran
Veteran
nickflipp

PostSubject: Re: Barrows - for pures   Barrows - for pures I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:50 am

ALright sweet. Thank ya Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jess
Admin
Admin
Jess

PostSubject: Re: Barrows - for pures   Barrows - for pures I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:20 pm

awesome guide=)

Mind if I copy-paste it and show a friend?=)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/lol1993lol
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barrows - for pures   Barrows - for pures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barrows - for pures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Guides-
Jump to: